Important Information for Our June VA-BC™ Exam Candidates
- Candidates Scheduled for Remotely-Proctored Exam May Switch to a Test Center if Desired. Please follow this link for details.
- Exam Applications Closed Friday, May 22 at 12 PM ET due to high applicant volumes and COVID-19 restrictions.
- Recertification by CE Applications Open through August 31.
- Recertification by CE Applications Traditional Pricing returns July 6-August 31.
- Visit our Continuing Education Resources Page for additional CE resources. The VA-BC credential of those candidates whose Recertification is due to expire in June will remain intact through the extension.
Please visit the Prometric COVID-19 Support Page to complete the online request form in order to be placed in a queue for a direct response:
- The online form system ensures Prometric support staff may respond to all requests in the order received.
- Please be aware it could take 5-7 days to receive a response as Prometric is working to reschedule over 300,000 exams affected by COVID-19.
- This form still remains the most effective way of ensuring you receive the support you need from Prometric.
We thank you for your patience as we work together to weather the current pandemic and offer viable solutions to our VA-BC™ exam candidates.
Please see below for a history of communication updates and additional details regarding the June exam window.
Click here for June 23 email to VACC candidates scheduled to take a Remotely-Proctored exam with ProProctor regarding updates and options.
Click here for May 5 email to all VACC stakeholders regarding June exam window now extended to July 31, remote testing now open, deadlines and discounts and more.
Click here for April 27 email to June candidates about social distancing requirements.
Click here for April 2 email to all stakeholders about remote proctoring, deadlines and discounts.
Special COVID-19 Requirement
Prometric is requiring ALL who enter a Prometric Testing Center to bring their own mask and wear it for the duration of the exam.
Candidates who do not bring and wear a mask will not be allowed in the test center, will be considered a “no show” and will forfeit all fees.
The email alerted half of our June candidates that they must reschedule their test date in June to a different day due to social distancing requirements. If you did not receive this communication, your test date remains intact. In order to respect the COVID-19, 6-feet apart rule, every other test center seat must be vacant.
Half of our current candidates now need to work with Prometric to find a new date with appropriate open seating at a test center in June or may choose to schedule a remotely-proctored option. Reschedule with Prometric online at www.prometric.com/VACC (choose the remote scheduling option on the left menu) or via Prometric’s call center at 1-800-899-3985.
If you are scheduled to take your exam at a Prometric test center and want to switch to a remotely-proctored exam (ProProctor), please first reach out to Prometric to cancel your test center appointment.
Next, use your eligibility number found in your Authorization to Test Letter to schedule a day and time for your remotely-proctored exam.
There is no additional fee involved.
See additional information about remotely-proctored exams below.
Look for updates regarding scheduling later in June if/when test centers become open.
Choose to schedule a remotely-proctored exam with Prometric online at www.prometric.com/VACC or through its call center at 1-800-899-3985.
As the COVID-19 situation changes daily, we will keep you informed and work with you to find a solution.
If you have not yet scheduled an exam date with Prometric and would like to choose the remote option, see below:
Schedule your remote exam with Prometric online at www.prometric.com/VACC (choose the remote scheduling option on the left menu) or via Prometric’s call center at 1-800-899-3985.
Thoroughly review the details provided in the ProProctor User Guide.
To confirm that your computer and network will allow testing through ProProctor, visit the Prometric website and perform the required system check.
For additional information please refer to its remotely-proctored exam FAQs