VACC Recertification Application Process
Failure to recertify will place your certification in suspension upon expiration date. Refer to the Recertification Handbook for details.
Recertify by Educational Credits
Beginning for the June 2020 recertifying certificants, you must upload proof of your continuing education credits into the Certificant Portal PRIOR to submitting the online application. See Candidate Handbook for details.
Requirements for Recertification by CE:
- At least 30 credits must be earned.
- Credits must be earned throughout the three-year certification cycle, at a minimum beyond one single year (e.g., not all credits from 2021).
- Continuing education credits may not be carried over from one recertification cycle to another.
- Continuing education credits must be earned from vascular access related conferences; seminars or workshops; online courses are acceptable.
- Credits must come from more than one source (e.g., all credits cannot be from one conference).
- Renewal applications are due 30 days before the end of the certification cycle.
Items Needed to Upload Your CEs:
- Activity date
- Name of activity
- Number of credits earned
- Electronic copy to upload (word, PDF, JPEG)
See our example CE certificate to ensure you are uploading the correct documentation for CEs gained via conferences/webinars/online courses.
How to Upload Your CEs:
- Sign into the Candidate Portal
- Go to “My CEU,” then “Add CEU”
- Enter in the information, attach your document and hit SUBMIT for each CE.
- Watch how to upload CEs step-by-step in this 6-minute video.
Applications only accepted within 10 months of recertification due date.
- Click Here for ONLINE application
- All applications and fees must be submitted by June 1 or December 1 (applications received after this date are subject to additional fees)
- VACC will audit a percentage of all applications and notify any candidate who does not meet recertification requirements
- All candidates regardless if audited or not will receive a confirmation e-mail approximately 10 business days after the application deadline
- Candidates who pass their recertification will be e-mailed a digital badge to the e-mail address on file prior to the end of the certification cycle
If you are submitting your application by mail (Fee Applies) you must upload proof of your continuing education credits before VACC staff will enter your application into the database.
Recertify by Taking the Exam:
1. Getting Certified date, deadlines and fees apply.
2. Click here for online VACC exam application.
Forgot your certification number?
Recertify By Educational Credits
Recertify By Taking The Exam