Applications Due: June 30, 2021
The Vascular Access Certification Corporation (VACC) is seeking a qualified and enthusiastic individual to join the 2021 Board of Directors as President-Elect. VACC is a multi-disciplinary organization composed of nurses, physicians, emergency medical services professionals, radiology technologists, respiratory therapists, clinical educators, and many more professions with a shared purpose of enhancing the clinical specialty of Vascular Access.
The President-Elect assumes the office of President in the event the President is unable to complete his/her term of office and assumes the role of President at the conclusion of the President’s term of office. The completion of that term will be followed by a one‐year term as President, and then a one-year term as Presidential Advisor.
- Shall be a board member for at least one year or 1 term as an officer on a local, regional or national healthcare organization board prior to assuming the position of President-Elect.
- Must be VA-BC™ certified.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of parliamentary procedures.
- Serves as a member of the executive committee.
- Chairs the board meetings and executive committee meetings in the absence of the President.
- Serves as member of the test committee while President-Elect.
- Assists the President in coordinating the orientation of new board members at the January board meeting.
- Utilizes the term as President-Elect to familiarize him/herself with the operations of the board.
- Serves as parliamentarian.
- Performs duties as directed by the President.
- Completes prescribed training program as directed by the President in preparation for term as President.
- All Board members are required to participate in mandatory monthly conference calls, one annual in-person meeting (TBD in 2021), and complete various projects as directed in accordance with the VACC Strategic Plan.
- The President-Elect participates in weekly 30-minute Executive Committee calls.
Conflicts of Interest:
Nominees who the Nominating Committee are considering for the ballot will be required to submit a Conflict of Interest disclosure. Having a conflict does not preclude a candidate from being eligible, however certain conflicts must be avoided. Below is a list of conflicts that would disqualify a candidate from being eligible for the President-Elect role.
- Currently serving on another Board of Directors for an organization that may potentially compete with the interests of VACC (i.e., serving on the Board of the Association for Vascular Access, Infusion Nurses Society, or Infusion Nurses Certification Corporation).
- Currently serving on a committee with another organization that is preparing certification preparation materials for the VA-BC exam.
- Currently serving as a reviewer, author, editor, or consultant for any tasks related to preparation for the VA-BC exam. Note that Academic Professionals may deliver generic healthcare-related course content in academic courses as long as the content is not positioned, developed to, or conveyed to students as preparatory for the VA-BC exam.
- Having a commercial interest in the form of receiving honorarium, consulting, grants/research support, stock shareholder, speaker’s bureau, as an employee, or other financial or material enticements with a potentially competing organization.
The term for this role will begin immediately upon completion of voting.
Applications will be accepted through June 30, 2021.
June 30, 2021 – Final Day to Apply
July 1-14 – Nominating Committee Reviews and Interviews Applicants
July 15 – Nominating Committee Presents Final Candidates for Board Vote
July 29 – President-Elect Board Orientation