The Vascular Access Certification Corporation (VACC) is seeking qualified and enthusiastic individuals to become part of the 2023 Board of Directors. VACC is a multi-disciplinary organization composed of nurses, physicians, emergency medical services professionals, radiology technologists, respiratory therapists, clinical educators, and many more professions with a shared purpose of enhancing the clinical specialty of Vascular Access.
Help shape the future of vascular access certification by applying for a position on the VACC Board of Directors. Apply by September 30.
2023 Board of Directors Open Position and Term
- Director (one position open): two-year term (1/1/2023-12/31/2024)
- Participate in Monthly Board Meetings (3rd Thursday of each month, 5:00-6:00pm CT)
- Determine the organization’s mission and strategic direction.
- Identify emerging trends in the specialty.
- Design the organization’s future through continuous strategic thinking and planning.
- Prepare and revise the strategic plan of the organization; formulate organizational strategies; monitor and evaluate execution of the strategic plan.
- Approve implementation plans and budget.
- Provide proper financial oversight.
- Ensure adequate funding.
- Approve all policies of the organization.
- Determine, monitor, and strengthen the organization’s programs and services.
- Support and assess the performance of the Executive Director.
- Perform self-assessment of the Board’s performance.
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability.
- Enhance the organization’s public standing.
- Other duties as directed by the President or Board of Directors.
Submit your application and strengthen your CV in 2023.
- September 30 — Application Deadline
- October 1-31 — Nominating Committee reviews applications and interviews applicants
- November 17 — Nominating Committee presents final candidates for Board vote.
- December (TBD) — 2023 Board Orientation
- January 2023 — 2023 Board Terms begin